Thursday, October 28, 2021

Olympus October Update 5- Trojan Seer and Guards

Yet again some great sculpts that I probably won't use in a warband, but they're so good and were a pleasure to paint (although there were several minor bits of flash or tiny mold lines I somehow missed when I prepped them). The Seer and her Guardians are my latest favorite Olympus miniatures. 

This first Guard looks really young and innocent. I don't usually go for a uniform look for minis even if they're in the same unit, but it felt right for the Guardians to mirror the Seer. I think the colors for all three will affect any Trojan units I possibly paint in the future.

This more grizzled Guardian has some red face paint because I thought it would look cool and give them both more character. One thing I dread on many Olympus miniatures are the sandal straps. Don't pay any attention to the straps on her left leg. It was a struggle because it was almost done when I found a tiny bit of debris under the paint in a corner. I couldn't let it stay and it removed paint all the way to the metal. Don't look at it, focus on her face paint instead!

And finally, the Seer herself. I wanted her to look pale so to help with that I gave the Guardians darker skin. I also wanted to give her some red face paint to shock a little next to her near white skin (amd she's got weird red dots on both hands!). I think it was her colors I chose first and then figured out how to translate them onto the Guardians.  I think all three turned out nicely. I'm sure I can find something to use them as on the tabletop...

No comments:

Post a Comment