Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Olympus October Update 3- Priestess of Eris

A shadowy cabal of painters made a pact signed in blood(-red paint) at the beginning of this Olympus October to complete a miniature so rare that it was only ever given out to participants of the GenCon 2019 Crocodile Games event. They would paint these event miniatures and show them off on the same day (the 20th of October) to to complete some unfathomable ritual. This pact was broken almost immediately, but it was the mini's fault since she is the Priestess of Eris- spreading discord and chaos amongst the members of the cabal. Now the agreed upon day has come and here's my version of this wonderful mini.


I wanted to do something a little different from what the rest of the cabal was doing. I searched for symbols of Eris or chaos in ancient Greek culture but mostly just came across symbols for the dwarf planet of the same name. Eventually I went with a vaguely chaos star sort of design for the bottom of her dress.


I was tempted to make the whole dress red with a sheer effect but decided to do just the chaos symbol area with red. I think that works best. As for the sheer effect, it didn't come out as well as I've done it on past figures but the subtleness of it growing on me. For her base, I went with my favorite ruined temple theme because she's about discord and that seems pretty discordant.


Here's the Priestess of Eris offering her golden apple to a group of hoplites. Soon they'll be at each others throats as the Priestess moves along with a smile on her face... And below is the Priestess of Eris with another limited edition Crocodile Games mini, Helen of Troy.

No comments:

Post a Comment