Tuesday, March 5, 2024

The Hydra

 

This wonderful sculpt has been assembled and partially painted for some time now. Recently, I decided it needed to be finished so it wouldn't take up space on the painting table. 




I toyed with making each head different, but in the end I liked having them each be mostly the same. For the base, I wanted to do some resin water effects. They turned out passable, I think. I should've gotten crazy with it and done some crashing waves...




I love how the tail is reminiscent of the sea monsters on olde maps. I tried to choose colors that would look like an old style monster, I think it turned out okay.

Above we have the hydra playing with a couple of hoplites. Below, the hydra and a Beloved of Sobek get ready to rumble.

Finally, the Surfer Dude Demigod (of Poseidon) faces off against the hydra.

1 comment:

  1. "I love how the tail is reminiscent of the sea monsters on olde maps. I tried to choose colors that would look like an old style monster, I think it turned out okay."

    More than OK, IMHO. Looks pretty great. Agree on the tail

    ReplyDelete