Thursday, March 14, 2024

Two More Pack Animals for the Caravan

I have been afraid to paint any of the World of Twilight miniatures from their first Kickstarter for far too long. I was recently looking for something else when I came upon the box of stuff from that Kickstarter. There are a lot of these cool pack animals but I was still wary. So I grabbed an Enuk and a Baruk to see how much damage I could do to them.

This Enuk needed to have some bright marking on his head. I like how the red turned out, it's probably got something to do with their mating dance. I went with red because of the Okroi stripes. They probably come from the same region. 



The Baruk is probably what really drew me to the Kickstarter all those years ago. The design just looks so great. I wanted to do something different with the coloring from the Enuk. Bright blue for the belly just seemed like it would be right. I really love the look of it and can't wait to paint another. 





Above we have these new pack animals with the Okroi to show how the fit together in a weird way. Below, the new beast handler stands with these new guys under his care.


And Here is the updated caravan with these new pack animals tossed into the mix. 

Someday, there will be more Enuk and Baruk painted up for the caravan, or maybe we need to start a second caravan? 




Above, size comparison with some sci-fi 28mm minis (Raging Heroes Jailbird, GW Primaris Marine, and Victoria Miniatures Highlander ). Below, some Beyond the Gates of Antares minis (also sci-fi, but different). So these animals look lie they'll also fit into various sci-fi settings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment