Monday, October 31, 2022

Croctober 2022- Update 5- Beloved and the Crocodile Kid

For the finale of Croctober we have an unstoppable ravenous beast...and a Beloved of Sobek. 

First, let's take a look at all the miniatures that I managed to finish for Croctober/Sobektober. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out. 


The Crocodile Kid is a great little mini that reminded me of Calvin (of "and Hobbes" fame) when I was painting him. His little croc companion is probably named Hobshobek and they have all sorts of carefree adventures. 




And now for the newly remastered Beloved of Sobek in resin. This is my third time painting one, but the first two (you can see the second one that was painted in April 2021 here) were metal behemoths that were not the most fun to clean and assemble. But this new resin version was quick and easy to clean and assemble, no pinning needed for the arms and tail. 

I wanted to go a different direction with the colors on this third Beloved from the first two dark brown scales. It looks good and is a nice contrast with the second version. 



Like with the second version, I needed to put some UV resin as water on the base.  I think it looks okay. 



While there are more minis from the Rise of the Crocodile Queen Kickstarter to be painted (mainly the Nippers, Flingers, and Asar Units) October was a good start to expanding my available minis for games of WarGods of Aegyptus.


No comments:

Post a Comment