Friday, April 16, 2021

Aegyptus April 04 - Some Desert Trees

Ever since I started playing WarGods, back in the 1880s, I've known I should get some palm trees. But they were always so expensive and/or flimsy and my terrain focus has often been lacking vigor. But the other day I ran across these passable palm trees at Michael's and they were pretty heavily discounted- so I snapped up the two packages they had and decided that Aegyptus April was in need of a terrain aspect...

12 trees could have been split up onto multiple bases multiple ways. I went with 4 75mm (I had to double check, but it's true) bases and 1 50mm base with mainly 3 trees per base. I put some spackle on all the bases to help secure the trees to each base. Some rough drybrushing on the trees and leaves finished off with my finest desert sand for the bases and a few clumps of grass to add some excitement to each base...

Base 1- a Tethru Scribe with his students shows off the 50mm base. Just in front of the Scribe is a small mound to keep the single tree less lonely. 

Base 2- The infamous adventurers Tebbi and Blackclaw prepare to jump into action from this 3 tree base.


Base 3- The 2 tree base provides shade for the wizened Anubi Embalmer.

Base 4- the Sebeki Conventioneers enjoy their Ka-Berry drinks whole planning their next move at SandCon.

Base 5- the Priest of Horus arrives for his meeting with the courtesan.

I hope I come across some more of these sometime because they're pretty good and I have some more ideas of what to do with them...

No comments:

Post a Comment