Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Aegyptus April 07 - Heru Polearms

I'm not a Heru player but I LOVE the original Heru Polearm sculpts by Chris Fitzpatrick. They were some of the first Crocodile Games miniatures I got (in the lil' baggies). One of the coolest things about this unit is the sheer number of unique sculpts and each one is very characterfully stoic. 

These 5 bring the unit up to the minimum size for WarGods but I've got at least another 10 that will someday join their brothers (or be converted to sci-fi) . These 5 have been slowly painted over at least the last 5 years, I'm slow painting stuff sometimes.


We'll start with the standard bearer. Even for the regimented Heru, I don't like to have a whole unit too matchy-matchy so he got a smaller shield to stand out a bit.

Next up is what I always think of as a sergeant because he's yelling. These guys better do whatever he's shouting about. 

Next is 'Harakty' with his scalemail hat. Another thing I love about these sculpts is the scalemail, it's such a joy to paint up and looks good without too much trouble. 


Next up is 'Munthus' who also has a fine scalemail hat.


Finally we come to 'Chikur the Veteran.' His outfit is the most radical of the unit so I thought that could best be explained by him being a veteran of many a bygone campaign. The red trim on his kilt is probably my favorite part of this batch of guys.


Here we have the whole unit of ten Heru lined up for early morning drills, as any good Heru would be.

And here we have the unit with one of their possible captains, the Heru Heroine conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment