Sunday, August 11, 2019

Dionysus Warband Build- Epilogue - Completed Units

Sadly I didn't get a picture of the Warband fully assembled on the field of battle, but I did show some of the units as they got finished earlier in the process. I thought it would be fun to show off the other units as they appeared on the tabletop to give an idea of how impressive a full warband looks (even with one unfinished unit) even with my meager painting skills.

First, the completed unit of Amazon Outrider stand-ins. These are all Foundry minis except the really small one (Reaper) and the one with the lioness body  and sword in the ground (converted).

The Outrider Champion was painted up as the Harbinger of a still-unfinished Heru warband for Aegyptus. I wanted an Aspect of Defendrix because I like female minis and it was a challenge to figure out what to use. The lion body is an old Ral Partha lioness or panther while the Crocodile Games "Bathtime for Bubbles" is the Asar female body. Sure she's a little cheesecake, but she looks really good, if I'm allowed to say so myself


Next up, the War Altar of Dionysus! I'm going to convert something up with actual altar bearers and guards, I'm just not sure what all I'm gonna use for it yet- probably some Dark Fable minis.


Next, the Maenads are now my favorite unit for Olympus, even though I didn't get them to go to their full potential in the battles. I need to get some more minis painted up to fill out this unit. I'm not sure if I'll convert them or use some civilian females that I've got. Since I didn't get all the intended minis painted for the event, I filled in with some stuff from all over the place. 

The unit is made up of (L to R starting in the back rank): Crocodile Games Basti tambourine girl; Reaper Cat/Satyr musician familiar; Crocodile Games Basti shy girl; (2nd rank) Dark Fable harem girl; Dark Fable Egyptian Lady; Dark Fable harem girl; Dark Fable harem girl; Dark fable serving girl with apples; (front rank) Dark Fable serving girl with cups of wine; GW Dark Eldar Prisoner conversion; Dark Fable Egyptian Vampiress; Dark Fable Egyptian Lady in Waiting; Dark Fable serving girl with amphora. Yep, LOTS of Dark Fable stuff- they supplement the Crocodile Games line pretty well.


And here we have the Cretan Pirates. I used a mix of several manufacturers since there are not official Crocodile Games minis for these. I've converted a couple of Asar figures to have 2 hand weapons but they didn't get painted before GenCon- I plan to convert up more for the official unit because I really want to use them again (not just because they give you a slot for a Minotaur). 

The unit is made up of (L to R starting in the back rank): a Celtos Sorceress who's usually used as my Eater of the Dead Necromancer; A Dark Fable Egyptianized Goblin; Crocodile Games Asar Slinger Captain;Crocodile Games Heru with 2 hand weapons; Dark Fable Egyptian dwarf assassin; (front rank L to R) Dark Fable not-Conan; Forge of Ice Sleazy Merchant (he had a goblet and it was a Dionysus warband, so he fit!); Reaper female dwarf barbarian; Crocodile Games Asar Blade Dancer; and, Dark Fable Pharoah's Champion.


Finally, the Amazon Raiders in all their partially-painted glory. These minis are excellent and I can't wait to finish them up. First I need to get some magnets in them to make transport less of a hassle and reduce bent lances. I have removed them all from their mounts and they are ready for the drilling process to begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment