Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Ankhara part 5- Sphinx Abomination

The newest (okay, it was released about 10 years ago and I've had it since then) sculpt of a Sphinx Abomination, complete. 

I already have two other Abominations, one from Crocodile Games, the other an olde Warhammer Tzeentch mini with some wrappings added.


For this newest one, I went with a big 50mm round base with a couple areas of stonework and a tiny skull scarab cut from a swarm (by Forge of Ice). My own blend of texture paste provided more texture, as it should. 

On my original Abomination, I snipped off the snake tail to use as a head for one of the horses for my undead chariot. This time I left the snake bitbecause I think it would have taken away from the overall mini if I had made any modifications to it.


I like how he turned out. I think he'll be the bulk of points in a warband for Ankhara skirmish, or he'll be a wandering monster to attack both sides in a scenario. 


All this Abomination painting made me take a look at the beloved first Abomination (one of the first dozen or so WarGods minis I ever painted). His base was a little messed up and his paintjob was pretty dark. So I stripped him and prepared a new base...

No comments:

Post a Comment