Saturday, September 16, 2023

The Shepherd and Rams Join the Caravan

 

I recently decided to clean and base the three rams I've got even though I don't really have a unit of Khemru or plan to run a Beastmaster any time soon. I just wanted them painted and out in the wild if needed. When they were almost finished a random comment from some painting nerd on an online paint jam sparked the idea to convert a Khemru Slinger into a Shepherd to join the caravan. 




These rams are not very special paintjobs, I just did some quick and dirty stuff to finish them up. Now they can graze or frolic around the caravan and maybe offer some protection from bandits. 




For the Shepherd I used a Khemru Slinger figure I had leftover from when I converted some of them into Tethru Slingers. I repositioned both arms and snipped off the sling parts. The staff is from one of the Beastmaster miniatures. At first I thought I could get away with just snipping off the Beastmaster's hand and putting it on the slinger, but the size difference was way too noticeable. So I snipped off the two ends of the staff and pinned them to the sling hand. I think the join looks okay. A little greenstuff furry to cover the rocks in his pouch and he was ready for some painting. 




Here we have the Shepherd and his small flock alongside the caravan. There are more parts of the caravan ready to paint and I've got a couple more ideas for additional members but it just has not been at the top of the list of things to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment