Saturday, February 4, 2023

Cheap Pyramid Terrain Piece

 

I'm always on the lookout for cheap terrain that looks pretty good. I occasionally check the toy aisle at a Dollar Tree just in case some random thing might work as a thing for gaming. I think it was last summer that I found these pyramid shaped sand molds that lit up a lightbulb over my head. So I got two of them and finally got around to painting one up.

It's a pretty thick plastic that should hold up well to normal play and transport (the base sides are about 6" and the height is 6"). I was concerned that the inside might be too see-through under bright lights so I gave it a couple of coats of a dark purple and black to help with that. It might not have needed it.

So multiple drybrush layers froma dark brown up to a light yellowish tan gave a pleasant finish to the pyramid. It's not meant to win any awards. It just needs to present a nice obstacle on the tabletop and look okay sitting there with minis around it.


Above we have some Nekharu loitering around the pyramid. Below we have a couple of pulpy folk doing pulpy poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment