Friday, July 31, 2020

WarGods Minis Month 2020 - Antediluvian Pirates

As we close in on the end of this extended WarGods Minis Month we have some "pirates" to help complete the Cretan Pirates unit so I can take a Minotaur for an Olympus warband.

First of the pirates is a conversion of a Crocodile Games Asar swordsman.  I took off the peg from his left arm where the shield would normally go and pinned a sword into the left hand. The part sticking up against his chest is a little off center but I didn't realize it shifted until after the glue had set. It was done last year around this time when time was running out to get the warband ready for the GenCon 2019 WarGods event. He'll probably be in the second rank most of the time to hide this embarrassment. 


Next is an old Earthdawn mini that I thought would be a cool Atlantean or something (he looks a little lizard-y, so maybe a S'syth agent).  He's been based and primed for a very long time and now he's ready to join the pirate unit. I think he turned out pretty good. 

Finally, a miniature I've been afraid of painting since I got it years ago. From Hasslefree Miniatures, Xanthia is a wonderful sculpt (like pretty much every Hasslefree fig) that needed no conversion. I hope she turned out okay. I was having trouble with her face so decided to make her scary by giving her skull facepaint (an effective copout). Since she's such a nice figure I gave her a little more of a fancy base. She'll likely see action in some skirmish games eventually. 

Here we have a view of a 13-strong Cretan Pirate Unit with their Minotaur. More potential members will surely be painted because you can never have too many pirates, especially if they get a Minotaure for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment