Tuesday, May 19, 2020

WMM '20 - Some Pygmy Zombies!

One of the top 3 reasons I like various undead factions in various wargames is that they're usually quick and easy to paint and make look pretty good. These last few Pygmy Zombie Archers (now OOP) were some fun quick paints that complete a unit. And I think these guys turned out better than the ones that were painted over 10 years ago....

First up, above shows the quick touch-up I did for this guy. I noticed some slight damage when he was presented as part of the Eater of the Dead Archive series back in this blogpost and this seemed a good time to get him fixed up.

I did not write down the paint recipe I used on these guys so long ago (I don't often write down paint recipes nowadays either, except for larger projects where I know I'm going to want the colors to be pretty close for a unit) so I went at it to get hem close enough to the originals they'd be sharing a unit with...


The guy above is my favorite sculpt of the archers, though I do like all the sculpts. I think they were done by Ben Siens who also sculpted some of the WarGods miniatures for Crocodile Games. He's pretty good.
I should have gone more detailed on the mask for this shaman/musician character, but he came out pretty okay.

Above we've got a possible version of the archer unit. Despite the different base styles (the new guys were simply painted over the texture to build up the bases around their integral bases instead of flocked like the previous batch) they look good together.

Below we've got a more skirmish-style situation with these Pygmy Zombies protecting their Nekharu master....

No comments:

Post a Comment