Sunday, October 20, 2019

Archive 3 - Eater of the Dead Part 1 - Horde Mummies

I've painted a lot of undead for WarGods- I mean A LOT. When I assembled them for the archive I realized there were way too many to fit into one post. Here's the first of four parts showcasing all the Eater of the Dead minis I've painted for warbands over the years.
Some of the first WarGods minis I painted were mummies because they were quick and easy to paint and I liked the undead. So even before I got involved with that fateful Ankahra campaign. To get a warband together quickly I realized the easiest warband to build would be for the Eater because I already had a bunch of mummies painted. 

A quick head turn and maybe a headswap here and there (the two below with a plastic bug head and a plastic crocodile head) made converting up more Horde Mummies quick and easy.

More quick conversions of the same model simply by moving the head (or adding a shield above) and moving the arms a little (below). I still like the guy with the hat in the middle below- it was a such an easy little conversion using a thick plastic straw and some putty.

Above and below we have the simplest and most gruesome conversion for the standard Horde Mummy- the missing arm. It was something I should have thought of much earlier and it adds a whole new look to the minis.

Now we get into the one-off mummies. Above are from the Vor the Maelstrom line of miniatures but they're plain enough that I thought they'd add some nice variety to the horde. Below a tainted mummy with tentacles and a Nekharu headswap to represent more of the races in the WarGods setting.

A couple of dynamic mummies from Ral Partha above. Below we have a later Crocodile Games Horde Mummy, some random mummy from a company I don't remember, and another later Crocodile Games mummy meant to be placed in a coffin ( thought it would look cool as a floating mummy).

Above we've got a couple of undead from Dark Fable with a Crocodile Games figure in the center (I think he came with one of the Crypt Lord sculpts).
Above and below we have some musicians. Above are from Crocodile Games (the center one is a simple headswap to increase the diversity of the mummies. Below on the left is a Reaper mummy that I gave soem sort of evil bagpipes to and on the right is a Dwarf Mummy drummer.

Above we've got two Mummy Standard Bearers. The left is a Reaper miniature and the right is the official Crocodile Games Horde Mummy Standard Bearer. I need to do a few more standards and musicians for the Horde Mummy units and Mummy Warriors to 'complete' all the options for potential Eater of the Dead Warbands.

Finally, below is one of the Crocodile Games zombie miniatures- this one was tossed in with the Horde Mummies to help make the units look more interesting.
Next up we'll take a look at the Warrior Mummies miniatures....

No comments:

Post a Comment