Thursday, March 2, 2023

Nekharu Witchlord Conversion

 

For countless years I've wanted to make a Witchlord conversion to lead a large Nekharu warband (this is not strictly "legal" in the WarGods of Aegyptus rules but would be reallycool). A couple years ago I came across the Silver Tower box from GW for a really good price. It had several miniatures I wanted for various conversions and the Gaunt Summoner seemed perfect as a base for this conversion. 

I used the Witch Master head and arms from the original Nekharu witch sculpts. Some additional plastic bits from various GW kits also went into the conversion. The picture below is from page 159 of the Aegyptus rulebook and served as the main inspiration for the conversion. 

The book with magic and the dagger was really a fun bit to paint. I was going to do a glowing affect on the skull eyes but it just did not match up with what I wanted. 


Since the Witchlord is on a 25mm base he can easily as a Harbinger stand-in if I really want to. He looks great at the head of an evil warband...

No comments:

Post a Comment