Friday, January 21, 2022

Automatons- Brazen Bull and Men of Bronze

More great ancient robot minis from Crocodile Games! I've been holding off on painting the Brazen Bull and Hoplite Automatons because I didn't plan on making a Hephaestus warband for Olympus. That is until a certain 'Banisher of the Undead' wore me down enough to consider it.

The sword-armed Man of Bronze has a black metallic color shifting shield and his helmet has blue metallic color shifting paint, because I find it difficult to make things match too closely. I really love the bright trim on his helmet. 

The spear-armed Man of Bronze is more straightforward with the shield matching his body metal. But this guy has a fancy Crest on his helmet and a metallic face that stands out from the helmet. 

Finally we've got the Brazen Bull. This multi-part chunk of metal is so nicely sculpted and a pleasure to paint. He may be used for a bull chariot but I've not yet decided if I want to do that conversion. If he does go with a chariot He'll keep his own base that will fit onto the chariot base.

I really like how the metallics came out. It was a mix of different darker undercoats with metallic paint on top and then washes and strategic dry brushing of the metallic on top of that.

Above we have the Men of Bronze with a Tragic Hero. Below is the Brazen Bull with a couple of Corinthians.

No comments:

Post a Comment