Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Two Satyr Heroes

Both sculpted by Ben Siens, but only the one with the jug of booze is from Crocodile Games. They're both nice figures that I enjoyed painting. 

First up is the guy on a 25mm base who may be used as an optional Demigod of Dionysus. I went with the bigger base mainly for a better and more stable fit, though. I kinda don't like his bow, but when he was assembled I didn't have a better alternative. 



Next is the official Satyr hero from Crocodile Games. I've avoided putting this guy together before now because he just seemed too complicated. Well he went together so easily and painted up so smoothly that I really want another (maybe give him a bow in place of the blade). He had to be blonde because 'blondes have more fun.'



I thought it would be interesting to see these newest Satyrs with the Demigods they would follow in a game. 

Now that I've gotten these two finished, I feel like I should start work on another unit of Satyrs for an Artemis Warband I've been theorizing for some time. I want to do a sort of Wild Hunt Artemis Amazon warband. The Demigodess would be mounted on a stag (I've got a  line on a promising stag mini) and there would, of course, be a unit of Amazon Raiders and Outriders. The Amazon Spearwomen with the Horse Widows unit theme would give them extra movement. I'm not sure if Amazon peltasts or archers would be best, but I know a unit of Satyrs will definitely be there. And I'd like to get a unit of Centaurs in the Warband as well. I have no idea how they would do in a game,  but they will definitely look excellent when assembled on the tabletop.

No comments:

Post a Comment