Monday, April 29, 2024

Centaur Test Model Completed

This guy is probably the last part of the opening third of 2024's WarGods Minis Month. I've been looking for centaur miniatures since I decided to make an Amazon Demigoddess of Artemis warband dubbed "the Wild Hunt." There are other aspects needed besides some centaurs (a stag miniature has been found!) to get it finished, but the centaurs are a big part of holding it back. 

Forge of Ice makes some great ape men miniatures that I hadn't even considered for part of any conversion because I wanted them as ape men. But when Wargames Atlantic came out with their plastic horses, a lightbulb went off. 

While it was a shame to chop this metal miniature in half (what will I do with legs from a big ape guy?), I think it may have been well worth it.


The fur on his back is greenstuff showing my inconsiderable sculpting talents. His loincloth is from some resin conversion bits. The chain is some jewelry chain that seems a little too big. The skulls and shield are from various plastic and resin sources.



Heru spearman vs the Centaur.

The Centaur with a Demigoddess of Artemis.

Some size comparison pictures with various 28mm minis (mostly from Crocodile Games).

The Centaur and his Satyr buddy having a grand time.

Female Centaur (Foundry) vs male Centaur.

Centaur vs the Amazon Heroine.

No comments:

Post a Comment