Sunday, April 28, 2024

Euryale the Gorgon

Another in the neverending series of miniatures that were assembled and primed or partially painted but then set aside, Eurayle from Arena Rex. One of the main reasons I backed the Arena Rex Kickstarter was this mini (also the half snake, half lion, half giraffe monster thing that's still unassembled). I came across something random that reminded me of her and decided I must finish her off now.



She was based on a roughly 60 x 80mm base because, at the time, I didn't have a large enough round base and I wanted to use her for WarGods of Olympus as part of my Titan Warband. The ground was recently built up with some homemade texture paste and a few chunks of cork.


It took a bit to get a color scheme chosen. I was also struggling with what kind of markings to do on her body. It was between long lines down the length of her body and the randomly placed stripes I went with. Green on the snake body seems to have worked out well with the light blue/grey stripes.


I knew I wanted her human skin to be pale and decided on a more yellowish pale that helped her orangey hair stand out. I'm also pretty pleased with how her hair came out.


Here are a few normal human sized figures with the imposing Eurayle. Above, a brave Hoplite stands against the might of Euryale. Below we see a Demigoddess of Artemis approach Euryale and below that, a Beloved of Sobek charges in to tussle with the Gorgon.


No comments:

Post a Comment